Danny Alcala - 1993 Mazda Rx7 R1
Once I got in the car and went for a ride I was blown away by the sounds of the rotary and turbos working together and knew I had to get one for myself one day.
Please join the site and Facebook group below, this helps us find more HOT cars, Thanks.
My Name is Danny Alcala.
I drive a 1993 Rx7 R1 and have been into cars for most of my life, always dreaming of owning a supercar.
About 20 years ago my friend and I used to be skaters that got big into the Honda scene. I used to own a s2000 which I absolutely loved!!
One of my friends Jeremiah Vance became an amateur skater for Element skateboard so he started making some pretty good money out of that and he purchased a 93’ Rx7 that had pretty much all the bolt ons you can do to it at the time. He quickly showed up to my house after purchasing it, I had never seen one before and at that time and I just thought it was such an awesome looking car. Once I got in the car and went for a ride I was blown away by the sounds of the rotary and turbos working together and knew I had to get one for myself one day. It took me over 10 years to purchase my first one and I still love the car today as much as I did the first time I saw one. Sadly, I had to get rid of my first Rx7 because of adult responsibilities but luckily I was able to purchase my second one about 1 year later, and it worked out for the best because it was a R1 model that was in better condition and had a lot less miles on the chassis.
In terms of car stats, my current set up is making a healthy 420hp & 315tq.
- REW13b Stock port running a single turbo set up.
- Turbo is a Garrett GTX3576r with a custom DNA Garage V-mount set up,
- Tial Wastegate & Blow off Valve
- Pineapple Racing BT Idler Pulley
- Greddy Elbo
- DNA Garage ABS Delete Kit
- DNA Garage 200amp Alternator
- DNA Garage Engine Harness
- AEM Boost Solenoid
- Vibrant Intake filter
- Cusco front strut tower
- Arcwerkz custom down pipe
- Racing Beat Full Exhaust system.Battery Relocated to the trunk
- AEM Water meth system
- Full Function Engineering fuel Rails and ID Injectors
- 1000 Primary & 2000 Secondary
- Custom Fuel sump
- Aeromotive Brushless Fuel pump
- Phoenix industries Fuel filters and AN fittings
- Phoenix Industries fuel regulator
- Haltech Coils & Haltech Elite 1500 ECU,
Tuned by ‘Nelson Siverio’.
Suspension, Drivetrain, Wheels & Brakes:
- Fortune Auto 500 series coil overs with Stance parts Air Cups
- All bushings where replaced with Super Pro bushings
- Rx8 rear diff, 4.44 gears
- Enkei GTC01RR 18'x9.5+22 & 18"x10.5+16 Rear
- NITTO NT05 265/35 & 295/35
- Wilwood 6 piston big brake kit in the front and Stop Tech Rotors in the rear.
- ShineAutoProject Spec-GT front and rear fenders
- Front fenders were fitted with Ballade Sport S2000 fender vents
- ShineAuto Spec-B front bumper
- ShineAuto carbon fibre side skirts & rear diffuser
- Evo R carbon fibre door trim
- Trackspecmotorsports Hood Vents
- Body work done by Kayoca Auto Body
- 99 spec tail lights
- 99 spec rear wing with a carbon fibre blade
- Stopmotionlighting Running lights.
- Recaro Pole position seats with Planted modified base mounts
- LRB door Cards wrapped in leather
- NRG quick reals
- Personal Steering wheel
- Evo R Dash cluster
- Haltech Ic7 Display
- Centre trim and cluster were flocked
- 4 Point roll cage don't know the brand got it used
- Gracingshifters Supershort shifter
- Pioneer NEX head unit
- Kicker Speakers.
I have another engine that will be getting built soon which will be giving the car more HP but you will have to check out my YOUTUBE channel at (DN WORX) to see exactly what will be done to it. I don't think this car will ever be done because new parts are always being created and I'm always trying to do new things to keep it interesting. I really don't do to many car shows unless its Rotary related shows like @sevenstock, @socalallrotary or @Localcarscene cars n coffee in Temecula just because there’s always good people & good vibes at these events. I have won a few trophies but the car is primarily just for my pleasure. I usually have the best times when I'm cruising with my friends @runningsolo_fam & @officialdnagarage.
This car wouldn't be what it is if it wasn't for all my friends at ‘DNA Garage’ which are like family to me. Most of the work is done at their shop or in my garage. It’s always a good idea to work on your own car even if it’s just for basic maintenance because once you start modifying cars you are tampering and adding more power to something that wasn't designed for this, so by doing basic maintenance you can always inspect everything yourself. Make sure to get a good reputable person to tune your car. If anyone lives around the Santa Ana CA area I highly recommend ‘DNA Garage’, you can find them on Instagram @officialdnagarage or Rotary specialist | DNA Garage | United States and they will guide you in the right direction.
My dream car? If I ever get the opportunity to own my dream cars they will be a McLaren P1 or a Pagani Huayra.
Thank you all for reading my article.
If you would like your Car or Business Featured like this, Please