Devons - Seat Cupra
Please join the site and our new Facebook group, to comment and like on our Articles, this would also mean a lot to the car owners, Thanks.
My name is Devon Madeley,
You can follow the progress of Little Red on insta - @cupra_dev
I'm from South Africa and have been living in England for just over 2 years. I have always loved the car scene and wanted to get involved in it but I never had the chance back home.
When I was looking for a car to buy here, I had no intention of doing what I've done. Then this Cupra (now named Little Red) popped up and the word 'Turbo' got my attention immediately. She was stock standard when I got her and I told myself that I'd just change the wheels. A year and a half later the list increases with every mod that's done!
Kent Customs was a big influence in me becoming involved in the scene.
I had stumbled across a few different clubs and wanted to be involved so I went to a few meets and felt unwelcome. Then I found Kent Customs and immediately was made to feel like part of the family. They took an interest in my car and my ideas, even though it was completely standard. I am very proud to say that I am now one of the admin team for that amazing club. The journey that Little Red and I have been on has in no way been an easy one. I've always been mechanically minded but never had any actual training other than growing up under the bonnet with my old man. When I bought her I gave her a good service and changed the thermostat, proceeding to blow my head gasket 2 weeks after taking ownership. Everyone told me to scrap her, that its pointless paying more to fix it than what I paid to buy it, but something wouldn't let me scrap her.
I couldn't bring myself to give up on her. Now I grin from ear to ear every time I see her, every time that key goes in the barrel, and i hear that sweet 1.8T 20V tone through my custom exhaust. I can't help but smile like a Cheshire cat on Acid.
Every single thing has been done by myself and my mates on my drive or theirs. From every service to every mod, I've installed it all with my own 2 hands. Lots of swearing and a significant amount of blood loss! Here's my current list;
2002 Seat Leon Cupra Spec list
- Engine AUQ 1.8 Litre Turbo charged 20 valve
- RamAir induction kit
- 3" decat downpipe through to 2.5" non resonated custom made exhaust to back box
- Aftermarket front mount intercooler Handling
- Stance + ultra coilovers
- Lowered 40mm
- 18" BBS LM reps 8.5j all round
- 10mm spacers
- Falken Azenis rubber on all corners 245/45 all round
- Cupra face-lift model front bumper (painted from black to flash red by yours truly)
- Cupra R front splitter
- Angel eye lights
- Kent Customs Sunstrip
- Custom honeycomb grills
- Smoked rear lights (soon custom made LED rear will be coming)
- Black and white sticker bomb under the bonnet (yes individual stickers, about 300 on the bonnet and another 350 on the roll cage)
- Smoked side indicators
- Sony Xplod head unit
- Pioneer 450w door speakers up front
- 900w Vibe subwoofer, driven by a 2 channel 1000w
- Vibe Amp
- Black Cupra R roof lining
- Custom red LED strip around the roof
- Boost gauge (oil pressure and air fuel ratio gauges are in my garage, just waiting for the pod)
- Half Roll cage custom painted and sticker bombed by myself.
I think that's it for now. I may have missed one or 2 little bits but I got the majority. The to do list seems endless..
- Custom map,
- 550cc injectors,
- Uprated fuel pump,
- Blue silicone hose kits,
- Alloys need a desperate refurb,
- Cupra R rear bumper,
- Rear valance,
- Colour code bump strips,
- Cupra r side skirts,
- Bucket seats,
- Flat bottom steering wheel,
- Air ride.
I've probably missed some of that too and I'm 100% sure that my list will just get longer.
I mean at the end of the day, are we ever really done?