Exclusive interview with Justin Gruener
Interviews by Living the Drift Life taken from their Facebook page go give them a follow for more news on Drifting
Please join the site and Facebook group below, this helps us find more HOT cars, Thanks.
Exclusive interview with Justin Gruener By Living the Drift Life
- Tell us about you
Justin Gruener, 27, Sparky, Melbourne, Australia
- How did you get involved in drifting?
Doing silly things on the street got me hooked and I had to buy a drift car
- Why is it exciting for you?
Throwing my dumb car into other peoples dumb cars in close proximity at speed is exciting
- Memorable drifting experiences ?
Winning 2x championships, getting paid todo drift demos at Summernats & motorex, instructing new people how to drift
- Have you ever sneezed while drifting?
- What is the car you have had the most fun while driving?
- What is the worst car you ever drove?
I have fun throwing anything around
- Dream drift car?
- What mod would you do first to your drift car?
- Who is your favourite drifter?
James Deane - most talented
Mad Mike - most successful and sweet cars & attitude.
- Are you in it to win it – or do you drift just for fun?
If you’re entering comps you always want to win without a doubt, but the fun has to be there 100% which it still is
- Where do you usually drift?
- When running at a new track how many laps does it take before you master it?
Would never say I’ve “mastered” a track but to do a decent qualifying lap you’d need a good 5 laps
- If you were going to start this over again, what three things would you do differently?
Get into it sooner
Spend more money on seat time
Get an rb25 sooner
- What was your worst crash?
Haven’t had any bad ones touch wood
- Your best day in drifting?
Winning a championship
- And you're worse?
Made it to top 4 but my car broke, pretty shattering when you can’t continue due to mechanical failure.
- What would you say to other people who want to become drift drivers?
Start basic till you’re pushing limits in your slow / basic car then build from there
- How do you see yourself in 5 years?
Still just having fun
- Do you have a routine or ritual that sets your mind before drifting?
For everyone that knows me well enough know that I have no routine apart from always getting invited for quiet beers before a drift event and I can never just have 1 beer
WE DO NOT own the media materials and all credits belong to respectful owners. In case of copyright issues, please contact us immediately for further credits or clip delete.
If you would like your Car or Business Featured like this, Please
Our site contains links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, practices and/or content of these web sites. Their use is at your own risk.