Lee Yang - 2016 Subaru WRX
Please join the site and Facebook group below, this helps us find more HOT cars, Thanks.
My name is Lee Yang, I work as a CNC Machinist. Happily married for 12 years, no children yet! I live 30 minutes north of Seattle, Washington, USA. If you have seen Tom Hank's movie Sleepless in Seattle, that's what I am talking about. On my spare time, I do photography of people and cars, but mainly cars as a hobby and side job.
I currently drive a Red 2016 Subaru WRX. It is my daily driven car, gets me good gas mileage and more bang for my bucks.
What got me into the car scene, well I must say, it was when I saw the very first ‘Fast and the Furious franchised movie. Since then I have always wanted a cool car.
The car is currently pulling a healthy 420bhp.
Full spec list includes:
- IAG Stage 2 FA20 DIT Short Block;
- Specs case halves machine, the case is bored and honed to 86.1 mm crank shaft king main bearing;
- Brian Crower H-Beam rods with ARP2000 rod bolts 86.1 mm forged pistons compression ratio 10.0:1, APR head studs;
- AEM Intake, TurboXS Front mount intercooler;
- IBR 1 Piece TGV Delete, EGR delete;
- Killer B ceramic coated header with external waste gates;
- Dual 38mm tile waste gates, Boomba BPV IAG Street AOS;
- Cobb flex fuel kit;
- Cobb V3 Access port;
- Invidia Catalyst J-pipe;
- Greddy RS single exhaust;
- Stop tech slotted rotors;
- Hawk ceramic brake pads; and
- Grimmspeed 3 port electronic boost controller.
- Euro style GT carbon fibre wing;
- APR Carbon fibre license plate holder;
- HIC rear window visor;
- Wells window visor;
- OLM carbon fibre side mirror covers;
- OLM wide side mirrors;
- Subispeed V2 Special edition LED Headlights w/ DRL and Sequential turns;
- Subispeed switch back fog bezels;
- Subispeed V2 sequential tail lights;
- IJDM 3rd LED brakelight;
- Carbon reproduction sujin front lip;
- Front OLM Carbon extension lip;
- Aeroflow dynamics carbon side extensions;
- Rear VA Reproductions Carbon side extension;
- Rear JDM splats;
- Burnz auto V1 carbon fibre diffuser;
- CS style lower carbon diffuser;
- Rays 57 CR Pearl White Wheels with Kics Racing Gear R40 Conix lugnuts;
- APR front canards;
- Seibon carbon CW hood; and
- JDM front grill.
- Airlift 3H performance system;
- Front white line adjustable end link;
- White line rear adjustable end link; and
- Blox 24mm rear sway bar.
Engine dress up:
- Perrin radiator shroud, Perrin alternator shroud.
- Braum Elite sports seats;
- Braum 5 point racing harness;
- Braum harness bar;
- Carbon fibre steering wheel;
- OLM Carbon triple gauge pod;
- Prosport oil pressure gauge;
- Prosport AFR;
- Prosport boost gauge;
- NexGen 322 GW Dash Cam;
- V1 Radar detector;
- Cobb shift knob;
- Perrin shift stopper;
- Android Head unit; and
- Weather tec floor mats.
In terms of the working being done, I have done pretty much all of the work myself with the exception of the installation of the short block.
With regards to who undertook the work, it was a good friend of mine Ryan Parshall at ‘The ModGarage Shop’ in 1144 Industry Dr Tukwila, WA, 98188. I would definitely recommend his work!
The Subaru was not my first car, in fact, my first car was a 1995 Dodge Caravan and I have most definitely had to build up to where I am now.
A project is never finished and I am always changing a few things around. My plan is to install a big turbo kit, big break kit, STI transmission swap with a bhp goal+ daily driven.
I have been participating in shows/events/meets every single year for the past 4 years. There is a lot to name, but the majority that happens in the Pacific Northwest here are: Hot Import Nights, Big Northwest, Clean Culture, Fitmint, and Import Faceoff.
What is my dream car? Ultimate question of all times, I would say it is an R34 Nismo Z-Tune GTR. Who doesn’t love a GTR!
Thank you for reading my article, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram.
If you would like your Car Featured like this, and can do a write up like or similar to this