Christopher's - Subaru hatch sti
Subaru hatch Sti, looking fantastic, christopher as done an awesome job transforming this thing of beauty
Check out our MERCH STORE
More images in the slider above
Built Subaru hatch sti
Where do I begin with this car. Ever since I got the pleasure to go out in a Subaru P1 as a child I fell in love! The noise it made, the colour and just the whole experience. I have always wanted to own a subaru as a dream car and over the years it became apparent that this would soon become a reality. I chose the Hatch STI as I wanted something a little different to what seemed to be very common on the car scene. I had seen many classics and blobeye shaped subaru's all lovely in their own right, but almost very hard to see the differences between them.
I wanted something that would turn heads, yes people would hear the noise and say here comes another Subaru but to their surprise it would be my hatch, something not common in my area. There aren’t very many of them around my way so I am pleased with my choice. I brought it completely standard apart from a milltek catback system.
Picked it up from lowestoft the day before my daughter was born so i'm sure you can imagine the looks I received putting the car seat in from the hospital! This has been so much more than a car to me, the focus it has given me during some darker times of life with anxiety. Many people would not understand, and look at me as some sort of yobo driving down the street when in reality that was the only release and comfortable thing to suppress my anxiety and feel myself again.
It has kept me motivated and always puts a smile on my face when I take it out for a drive. It has been part of my journey to recovering from anxiety and for that it will never be sold. I have tried to modify it to keep a classy look to the car which I hope people can appreciate and see.
The opportunities with this car have shown no limits for my aspirations. I feel I can always change various areas of the car so I don’t think I will ever truly be able to say the car is finished. That’s the fun in this hobby for me, there is always something to do. I have gained many new friends within the car scene and been to some fantastic events and road trips. To date the swiss mountains and the Scottish NC500 have been my favourite amongst many other trips the car has undertaken.
Truly a pleasure to drive and that sound never gets old. As for future plans my biggest ambition for the car is to change its appearance to the varis body kit. Syvecs will be in the not so distant future and I am open to a potential colour change!
SPEC LIST- ENGINE
- Full closed deck block conversion
- TGV delete
- Clevite Main & big end bearings
- RCM 1.1mm Head gaskets
- Mahle 2618 pistons
- Manley H-tuff plus rods & ARP CA625 bolts
- Nitride crank
- RCM 14/12mm Head Studs
- Secondary air pump delete
- Hawkeye valve springs
- Syvecs S6 plus ECU
- RCM fuel pressure regulator
- 750cc injectors
- Group N engine mounts
- Group N baffled oil sump
- IAG Oil pickup
- RCM baffled oil catch can
- Mac 3 port boost solenoid
- Zen 4 bar map sensor
- Japspeed FMI
- Japspeed CAI
- Mishimoto 3 core performance radiator with red hoses
- ACT heavy duty clutch kit
- Parallel fuel system
- MDX321T turbo
- Mishimoto header tank
- RCM wrapped headers and up pipe
- Dual port Turbo smart dump valve
- Haywood & Scott Decat downpipe
- Invidia N1 race exhaust with burnt titanium tip
ENGINE BAY DRESS UP
- Custom stainless rad shroud
- Custom stainless alternator cover
- Mishimoto battery tie down
- Mishimoto Rad brackets
- Red STI oil filler cap
- Perrin Boost solenoid cover
- Perrin front upper strut brace
- Work Emotion T7r Wheels in GT Silver Wrapped in Yokohama AD08r Tyres
- Carbon Fibre CS front lip
- Carbon Fibre CS side skirt extensions
- Carbon Fibre Varis Blade rear Spoiler
- Colour coded JDM Front grille
- Zunsport Lower grille
- RallyFlapz Mud flaps
- Heko wind deflectors
- Window tints all round
- 3M sunstrip
- Perrin number plate relocation
- Topaz blue gel with carbon letter 4D number plates (not fitted at time of shoot)
- Blue mishimoto wheel nuts
- Rear light overlays
- Black sti wing badges
- Customised headlights
- New tail lights (1st in the UK)
SUSPENSION & BRAKES
- Whiteline 5100 series fully adjustable coilovers
- Whiteline top mounts
- Whiteline Drop Links all round
- Whiteline front and rear 22mm ARB
- DBA T2 disks all round
- PFC Z rated pads all round
- Goodridge Braided lines all round
- Motul DOT 5.1 brake fluid
- All plastic trims carbon dipped
- Mishimoto carbon fibre gear knob
- Pioneer SPH-DA130 DAB double din head unit
- Prosport gauges- boost/vacuum, oil pressure, water temp, oil temp
- Corbeau clubsport XL bucket seats, rails and mounts.
- Corbeau Harnesses
- O2C blue painted harness bar
- New genuine WRX STI charcoal floor matts
- Perrin Si Drive knob
- Retrimmed Steering wheel in Alcantara & perforated leather with red stitching
- Flexi- fuel system (METHANOL)
- Rear diffuser
- Carbon bonnet (painted) ordered just waiting on delivery!
- Carbon side vents
- Second exhaust (track friendly) or the full titanium invidia N1
- Change from stock speakers
- Face-lift bumper
- Carbon wrapped roof
- Bigger turbo, but stock location something that's not been done before, currently in discussion.
- Richard at Zen performance - top bloke and has been a pleasure to work with on this car. Masses of experience, very well priced would highly recommend to anyone for anything Subaru related! Also James at Relentless Performance for many varieties of car projects.
- Neil Ireland at VIP motorsport - Another top lad with a wealth of knowledge and has been fantastic on supplying many parts, speedy delivery times, always at the end of the phone for advice, and great prices!
- Number Plate Clinic - The best company for number plates, big shout out to them for hooking me up with their plates that really make an impression on the car! Again speedy delivery times and quality work!
- Graeme Jeram at Whiteline - Fantastic friendly guy who gave me some fab advice
when it came to the handling of the car. Supplying me with great prices, reliable parts that not only look good but are backed up with incredible performance!
- Alyn at AS Performance - Spent a long time on the phone discussing what brake upgrades would best suited to my driving. Another top bloke with amazing advice and knowledge within his field. Great prices again and delivery times.
- Ben Ancliff for the amazing detail on my car, top work and great prices so go check him out at Bensmartclean
All of the above mentioned have played substantial roles in getting my car to the way it is today and they will all be used for future areas of the build. I am very thankful to these guys and the advice, I would pass on to other car owners is not to expect discounts for the sake of it but to always give in return to the people and companies that help out and to give them the recognition they all deserve.
If you would like your Car and Story or Your Business Featured like this, Please
Our site contains links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, practices and/or content of these web sites. Their use is at your own risk.