1994 Toyota Supra mkiv sz-r 2jzge - Kevin Bertels
So my first build was at the end of 2010. We started to take the engine out and gearbox. Everyone told me to put a 2jzgte in the car because that would be better, but I didn’t want to do that. I wanted to use the 2jzge engine so the first build of my na-t project began. I first bought an inexpensive turbo kit from xs power.
These Photographs are supplied by the Photographer named, check their Link for Bookings.
More images are in the slider above, SLIDE LEFT>>>>>>>>>>>
1994 Toyota Supra mkiv sz-r 2jzge
My name is Kevin Bertels and I live in Belgium. I am 35 years old. I bought my car in 2008, it’s imported from Japan. The car was in good condition in its original state but I wanted more power and design.
When I had the car on the road I finally could enjoy it, it was a Toyota supra mkiv. It was like my dream car. I saw it first in games and loved it. From that moment I wanted that type of car before the fast and furious movies. So I got my supra from 2008 and I was so happy. After 1 year I decided to upgrade the car. I first bought wheels and suspension. I bought the h&r suspension kit and ultra lite wheels . The car was at 245 hp but it was not that much so I started to upgrade the engine as well and also the gearbox.
So my first build was at the end of 2010. We started to take the engine out and gearbox. Everyone told me to put a 2jzgte in the car because that would be better, but I didn’t want to do that. I wanted to use the 2jzge engine so the first build of my na-t project began. I first bought an inexpensive turbo kit from xs power. I also adjusted the gearbox to a getrax v 160. When all the adjustments were made, the car was ready to drive and attained 668 hp.
After that, I began searching for a wide body kit. I found the jdl body kit, but this wasn’t my cup of tea. So I sold this and found the trd body kit that is on the car at the moment. We adjusted the trd body kit to fit the car and repainted the whole car in royal sapphire pearl blue. I changed the wheels to rota gtr-d 18 size 12j at the back and 9,5j at the front.
I prefer the original rear wing from supra more than the trd so I sold my trd spoiler and hood as well, and used my original rear wing and hood. Meanwhile, I decided I wanted more horsepower so I got in touch with a couple of dealers such as future motorsports, suprasport.nl, srd tuning and powerhouse racing, to supply new parts for the engine and gearbox.
For safety measurements, we installed a roll cage 6-point rear only. In Belgium, it is not allowed to have a front roll cage. The front seats came from a Toyota GT86. They were adjusted so that the sides come up higher and wider. They were reupholstered with black leather like the rest of the interior.
Back to the engine. The 2jzge got a dizzy cap for the ignition, but we decided in 2010 to get rid of that so the turbo would fit better and it would look a lot nicer. So we did that and we blocked it off with a random plug. We taped the wiring in the head of the engine and closed it with a random drain plug. We created our own bracket for the pickup straight before the cam gear (exhaust side). We used a 2jzgte oil pump with hall effect sensors and placed it on the engine.
We used new GTR r35 coils on the car. When it was finally done, we decided not to use the aem v2 ECU and replaced it with the brand new Max ECU race premium kit. It works so much better now. After all these years we are finally done for now. When we were installing the intercooler, we noticed that the front bumper didn’t fit well. So we adjusted the front bumper and removed the third inside piece. Because of that, we gained some space so that the intercooler could fit.
After this, we changed the wheels to work wheels emotion 7tr2pc in the colour ashtray bronze. The size of the wheels is 18 inches 9,5j at the front and 12j at the back. The front tires are from Zeknova Supersport RS 265/40/18. The back tires are from Yokohama Advan AX 048 315/30/18.
More coming up after the dyno work.
If you enjoyed this car story why not read this ONE HERE
- Engine block: 2JZ-GE
- Crank: 2JZ-GE
- Main caps: 2JZ-GE reinforced with supra sport main girdle & ARP 2000 main studs
- Pistons: CP HD Pro 86.5 oversize 9,5:1 compression
- Connecting rods: Brian Crower 652+HD plus with upgraded wrist pins and arp 625+
- Bearings: King
- Machine work: bored and honed with a torque plate, line bored, resurfaced deck, oil channels cleaned + reamed, water channels cleaned + reamed.
- Oil pump: 2JZ-GTE Titan Motorsports with ported oil channels and front main seal mod
- Water pump: stock Toyota
- Crank sensor: hall effect with GTE timing disc 12 tooth + welded
- Crank pulley: Titan/ATI
- Head: stage4 ported 2JZ-GE
- Head gasket: stock Toyota 2JZ-GTE (compression total 10:1)
- Camshafts: GSC S1 269° 9,9mm lift
- Cam pulleys: Titan billet V2
- Valves: Supertech stainless
- Valve seals: Supertech Viton
- Valve retainers: Supertech billet + locks
- Timing belt: Gates Racing
- Timing belt tensioner: Titan billet steel
- Accessory belt: HKS
- Valve covers: Modified 2JZ-GTE with AN12 breathers
- Sparkplug cover: PHR 2JZ NO SHIT!
- Timing belt cover: Lexan Greddy
- Spark plugs: NGK 8 Silver
- Coil plug conversion: R35 GT-R
- Cam sensor: hall effect on the exhaust cam
- Cam sensor mount: custom by suprasport
- Alternator: mechman 245 amp
- Belt pulleys: whifbitz black billet alu
- Accessory belt: HKS
- A/C: deleted
- Power steering: modified 2JZ
- Radiator: Japspeed aluminium 7cm with Whiffbitz overflow tank and Spal electro cooling fan
- Intercooler: Trust/GReddy drag 6" with custom end tanks and 4" piping
- Oil cooler: Trust/GReddy 19row with inline thermostat and sandwich plate
- Power steering cooler: Mocal 16row
- Crankcase ventilation: custom dual AN12 with 2 tanks in side vents
- Engine Oil: 5w50
- Intake & Fueling
- Intake manifold: Sharpe custom performance aluminium with billet flange and velocity stacks
- Throttle: billet aluminium 4" RMR
- Air filter: custom 4" with vibrant 4" filter
- BOV: 50mm Tial
- Fuel rail: billet aluminium 10mm dual feed 10mm and 6mm return
- Fpr: AEM
- Injectors: bosch ev14 2200cc x 6
- Content analyzer: Continental flex fuel sensor
- Fuel pump setup: PHR pump hanger with 2 Walbro 450l/h, dual 10mm feed lines, 6mm return and Future Motorsports fuel pump cover
- Water/meth: AEM stand-alone meth control with 2x 1000cc injectors, failsafe gauge and flow gauge and custom 30L aluminium tank.
Exhaust and turbo:
- Turbo: Precision 7175 billet cea
- Manifold: custom 3mm thickness, T4, 60mm V-band external wg
- Wastegate: Precision 60mm
- Boost control: Titan boost solenoid
- Downpipe: ST-Autosport 4" custom with 60mm wg port
- Exhaust: ETS 4"
- Heat management: DEI heat wrap and turbo blanket
- Gearbox: v160
- Clutch: competition clutch twin plate with internal working cylinder
- Driveshaft: SRD 1 piece
- Diff: 2JZ-GTE
- Ecu: Maxx Race Premium
- IAT aem
- 6 EGT Maxx ECU on each cylinder gate
- Knock sensors 2x bosch
- Wideband: AEM X series
- 2x lithium 30ah landlord battery in the trunk
- Gauges: ST-Autosport custom, 10 000rpm rev counter, 400km/h GPS speedo, oil temp, oil pressure, water temp and fuel level.
- Seats: modified and reupholstered GT86 on custom rails
- Roll cage: Cusco 6point
- Body: REAL TRD wide body, custom moulded into chassis.
- Colour: Toyota Supra Limited Edition RSP blue.
- Suspension: H&R coilovers, Whiteline anti-roll bars, Whiteline lower brace, custom tunnel brace. Whiteline subframe braces. Alutech front and rear strut braces.
- Wheels: WORK 9.5 and 12Jx18
- Rota gtr d 12j 18 inch
- 9.5 j x18 inch
Please leave your comments in the comments section at the bottom of the page
'The future is bright as long as we can still Smell the Fumes'
Stay Up to Date Check Out Our Google News and give us a Follow
All of our Magazines can be found on Amazon, they Print and Deliver worldwide, Stance Auto can not be held responsible for the final print, and all complaints and returns must be directed to Amazon.
UKTM no: UK00003572459