Carl Skingley - 1959 Ford Anglia 2ltr Zetec
The engine was completely new and quite a departure from the side valve, flathead of the 100E.
To Buy Our Printed Magazine Check out AMAZON and our MERCH STORE
More images in the slider above
This Car is in the Special Ford Printed Magazine
1959 Ford Anglia 2ltr Zetec
I’m a 53yr old mobile service forklift truck engineer from South Wales.
I’ve always been into classic cars but I’m leaning towards American muscle trucks lately, I own a 5.4 supercharged 2003 f150 Harley Davidson but I’m after 1955 f100 because I want to slam it and stick a spiced up coyote engine in it just like the Stallone f100.
The Anglia was a designed way ahead of its time. The very distinctive rear window, which had a reverse slope, and the overall shape and functional rear fins gave it the appearance of a small, modern American car — not that there was such a thing as a small Ford in the U.S. of 1959.
The engine was completely new and quite a departure from the side valve, flathead of the 100E. The new power plant was a high revving, overhead-valve, that produced 39 horsepower at 5,000 rpm. In addition, the four-speed synchromesh manual transmission was the first of its kind fitted to a production saloon built by Ford’s Dagenham factory.
My 1959 Ford Anglia 2ltr Zetec powered, it’s had a few little improvements from when it came off the factory line, I don’t think Ford would have believed you could do this with their little car, from 39 hp to just over 200Bhp.
- Blacktop Engine
- Ported & polished head
- Fast road rally cams
- Vernier pulleys,
- Running 46mm zx14 throttle bodies
- Nodis engine management,
- Rx8 gearbox with h/duty pinto clutch,
- Rear-axle is a 105e converted to Cozie brakes
- Front brakes rs2000 escort fitted to front coil overs
- Retro four-spoke Lazer wheels with rs centre caps
- Interior half cage and rx8 electric seats with racing harnesses
- Carpets ‘door cards fully restored
- New black headlining
- Speedo and Rev counter have demon tweaks flight range
- Matching gauges in 4 hole bezel fuel/ volt/ oil pressure/water temp
- New full wiring harness
- The boot consists of two alloy fuel tanks with pre-pump + h/pressure pumps
- Custom billet battery tray
- Maxed out on chrome
- External visor not fitted yet
All the Cars in the Online Version of our Magazine will eventually appear in our Fully Printed Magazine, the cars with the most Views, appear sooner, the Magazine is sold the world over through Amazon, making it easier and faster for people around the world to get their copy. UK and Ireland use our store stanceautomag.com
If you would like your Car and Story or Your Business Featured like this, Please
Our site contains links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, practices and/or content of these web sites. Their use is at your own risk.