James Mortimer - Subaru Impreza WRX 2006
Right from the outset, I wanted to create something different and not go down the STI lookalike route like nearly all modified wrx's.
These are all of our Linx, please check below for the right link to contact, Join or Follow us:
More Images in Slider Above
Subaru Impreza WRX 2006
I'm 47 from West Yorkshire and I'm a production manager for a kitchen worktop firm. I've not always been a jap car owner. I was quite heavily into VW at one stage owning various models mainly Golf GTI's and more notably a golf Rallye which was an awesome car back in the day.
Having said that from a young age I've always loved the Impreza because of their road presence and the sound they make. I bought this current car way back in August 2008 from KT Green the main Subaru dealer this particular car is one of the last if not the very last one of the UK models with the much stronger 2.0ltr engines and being silver was a must as I didn't want a common blue one or any other colour for that matter.
We have more Car News HERE
Right from the outset, I wanted to create something different and not go down the STI lookalike route like nearly all modified wrx's. So in everything I've done, I've tried to do everything differently to the crowd to try and make it stand out at shows within a sea of similar-looking scoobs and I think I've achieved just that.
I wanted to create something very subtle and stylish but if you look a bit deeper you'll find a whole host of tasteful modifications that all work together to make it what it is and I'm super proud of what I've achieved over the last 12 years.
- 2.0 litre,
- 16v EJ20 boxer flat-four,
- VF24 turbo,
- RCM induction kit,
- GFB adjustable dump valve (set at 50/50),
- Sytec fuel pressure regulator,
- Full 3" Cobra stainless turbo back exhaust with a Heywood and Scott Raptor back box with Burnt tip,
- Toyosport up-pipe,
- HDI GT2 front-mount intercooler,
- Pink injectors,
- NGK 78 spark plugs,
- RCM 340 fuel pump,
- Scoobyworx 3 port boost controller,
- Bosch S5 battery,
- Colour coded battery clamp with new rods,
- Gas bonnet struts,
- Forge header tank,
- Colour coded Mishimoto radiator stays,
- Chrome powder coated alternator,
- Colour coded air-con delete bracket,
- Bachler Racing header tank cap, Radiator cap and dipstick,
- RCM oil filler cap,
- De-yellowed bottle caps,
- Chrome over caps,
- Andy Carr remaps with a switchable high and low boost with pops and bangs on the high boost map.
- Stock 5-speed manual gearbox,
- Exedy pink box clutch,
- Lightened flywheel,
- Refurbished drive shafts.
- HSD monopro coilovers,
- Colour-coded front strut brace,
- Refurbished and powder-coated STI rear subframe,
- Whiteline 24mm front and rear anti-roll bars,
- Whiteline rear ARB mounts,
- Whiteline front drop links,
- Hardrace trailing arms,
- Hardrace adjustable lateral arms,
- Hardrace rear drop links.
- Fully refurbished front and rear Brembo callipers in red,
- Discs and pads,
- Red Hel braided lines,
- Red Tegiwa brake stopper.
- 7.5" x 18" Kei Racing wheels refurbished in white,
- Subaru centre caps,
- Chrome internally splined nuts,
- 8mm Forge spacers on the front,
- 225/ 40/18 Toyo Proxes Sport T1 tyres.
- De-spoilered and de-locked boot lid,
- Subaru lip spoiler,
- Scoobyworld mud flaps,
- HT Autos lip kit (front splitter,
- Side lips and rear spats),
- De-tangoed headlights with Silvertec bulbs,
- RCM reverse bonnet scoop,
- Tinted windows,
- STI fog light covers,
- Colour-coded Hella horns.
- CDF short shifter,
- Likewise Daytona shifter with adjustable Suzuka extension,
- Defi Racer gauge package ( oil pressure, oil temperature and boost),
- Scoobyworld tailored WRX mats,
- Fire extinguisher,
- Kenwood DMX7017DABS Android head unit,
- Damd black stitch steering wheel.
I've no major plans now for the build famous last words of a car modder. I know builds are never really finished but there are only a few minor tweaks planned. Power-wise it's pretty much at the limit at an estimated 350bhp/350ft with it having a 5-speed box as every Impreza owner knows the 6 speed in the STI is a lot stronger and can handle more power but at 350bhp it can mix it with most stuff on the road.
Do you fancy having your car featured follow this Guide
I'm also part of the admin team for WYSOC (West Yorkshire Subaru Owners Club) there's 4 of us who share the running of the club with 900 plus members. We attend around 10/15 shows a year nationwide the occasional drive outs and have monthly meets at a local cafe/bar.
All the Cars in the Online Version of our Magazine will eventually appear in our Fully Printed Magazine, the cars with the most Views, appear sooner, the Magazine is sold the world over through Amazon, making it easier and faster for people around the world to get their copy. UK and Ireland use our store stanceautomag.com
If you would like your Car and Story or Your Business Featured like this, Please
Email: Admin, they would love to hear from you.
Our site contains links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, practices and/or content of these web sites. Their use is at your own risk.