John Chapman - 2010 Mk2 ford focus Zetec S facelift.
The Zetec s offered similar modifying capabilities, whilst keeping running costs down. It was a win-win decision
More images in the slider above
2010 Mk2 ford focus Zetec S facelift.
Photographer: Sam Fullick @sam.mk8
I first got into cars at a very young age. Being the first child born in the family, into a family full of mechanics, I was always out with grandad fixing his car or the family fleet. Growing up in the 90s I read magazines such as fast car mag, redline, max power etc and would always go out with my friends to watch the local enthusiasts driving around the town in their modded motors and parking in the local car park. During my driving life, I have owned at least 4 pug 306s (my favourite being my forged gti6), Honda, Audi, and many fords, but nothing really worth putting my passion into.
I then bought this focus. I chose the Zetec s because as much as I'd love an ST, funds wouldn't allow at the time and my work commute would make it impossible to truly make it my own. So the Zetec s offered similar modifying capabilities, whilst keeping running costs down. It was a win-win decision. I searched around for the right car with everything I wanted. 3 door, keyless entry, low miles etc so when I found this one in Southampton, I contacted the dealer and bought it just from the pictures.
When I got it home, I remember posting a pic on a local group and a lady messaged me saying she was the original owner in kent, and with myself being the 2nd owner, I know its full history! WIN! During ownership, I've worked all the way through lockdown, and the whole pandemic within the NHS, on award receiving covid+ patients and used this car as my means of escape from the hardships and upset that it has brought.
Now I know its not a bhp busting machine, but it's my pride and joy. It has saved me from downtimes, taken my mind off of the things I've seen, and offered me an escape from what could have been my most mentally challenging time in life to date.
- Axe ex10 18" alloy wheels in gold with polished lip
- Rsparts rear spats finished with gold pinstripe
- Trc side skirts finished with gold pinstripe
- Trc front splitter finished with gold pinstripe
- Matt Black sunstrip with dual gold pinstripe
- Lowered on stance+ Street coilovers to around 55mm
- Underground parts gloss black honeycomb top and lower grille (not in photos)
- Underground parts front fog light surrounds (not in photos)
- Underground parts gloss black mirror covers (not in photos)
- Underground parts gloss black door handle covers (not in photos)
- Duel reverse light mod
- Led light upgrades all around
- 4d number plates
- Gloss Black de-chromed bonnet lip
- Gloss Black vinyl eyebrows
- Frozen white and gloss black colour coded Maxton designs RS spoiler (gloss Black in photos)
- Gloss Black painted roof
- Team heko wind deflectors
- 70mm led fog light halos
- ST2 Recaro front and rear seats
- Black ST headliner and plastics
- Double din head unit
- Stainless Steel cat-back custom exhaust with quad exit
- K&N cone filter
Future plans are:
- Decal kit maybe
- Bonnet Vents
- A full under bonnet ST conversion Inc brakes etc
All the Cars in the Online Version of our Magazine will eventually appear in our Fully Printed Magazine, the cars with the most Views, appear sooner, the Magazine is sold the world over through Amazon, making it easier and faster for people around the world to get their copy. UK and Ireland use our store stanceautomag.com
If you would like your Car and Story or Your Business Featured like this, Please
Email: Admin, they would love to hear from you.
Our site contains links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, practices and/or content of these web sites. Their use is at your own risk.