Tetsuya Okuhara - Toyota GT86
AE86 was a legendary car in the past and in this instance I assumed that the GT86 would be the next new star, I was not wrong. I went ahead and decided to purchase the GT86.
Please join the site and our new Facebook group, you can Post your cars there, this helps us find more HOT cars,
I'm from Shizuoka in Japan. I am a Neurosurgeon for living. Back in 2012, there was no fascinating light-weight sports car. GT86, son of the AE86, was released in 2013. The NSX, Supra, Roadstar, Impreza and Civic were not yet released therefore, the GT86 was a first in the era.
AE86 was a legendary car in the past and in this instance, I assumed that the GT86 would be the next new star, I was not wrong. I went ahead and decided to purchase the GT86.
The passion and love for automobiles have come since my youthful days especially from cars such as the Fairlady Z32, and the decorated trucks (as you would call them in Japan "Deko-Tra"). After owning a few cars, I took the decision upon myself to purchase the GT86 and I have customised and modified the car step by step. My followers continuously increased and as did my love for the GT86, I love it more and more each day! At this current date, it's been 8 years since she became mine! I do not regret it one bit...
- GT86, A-Type;
- HKS Limited Short Block Engine Kit with Strengthened Parts;
- HKS GTIII-RS Turbo Kit;
- Tuned Engine and Tuned ECU (undertaken at c.s. POLSCHE);
- Genuine Final Gear with GRMN 1-2 Close Misson;
- Boost Pressure 1.4bar;
- Torque:44.4kgm/4683rpm (no Dynamo correction); and
- Power:364.9bhp/6429rpm (no Dynamo correction).
This car has specs which any car owner dreams of! List of Full Specs below:-
- Pandem v3.5 Wide Body Kit;
- Varis Arising-II Rear Bumper and Air Shroud;
- Sprayed in Toyota Radiant Green Metallic Paint (6W9);
Varis Cooling Bonnet Hood System-2 with NACA DUCT Carbon;
- D-Speed Carbon Trunk;
- Revolution Carbon Doors;
- Chargespeed Door Handle Cowl;
- Rockeybunny v1 GT Wing;
- HKS GTIII-RS Turbo Kit;
- HKS 2.1L Short Block Engine;
- Noblesse StyleSports Racing Muffler (one-off);
- T.S 4000 ATS MAX Carbon Metal Clutch;
- Toyota GRMN 1.2 Close Mission + 6 Close Modified;
- Cusco Type-MZ type RS differential gear;
- Endless Zeal X Coilovers F12xR10kg;
- Roberuta System (Front Only);
- Cusco Wide Tread Lower Front Arm;
- Cusco Rear Stabilizer;
- Cusco Rear Trailing Rods;
- Cusco Rear Lateral Link (Front Side);
- Flat well Super Lower Arm;
- Flat well Short Stabilizer Link;
- D2 Racing Sports Braking System 356x32mm, 8-Pot&4-Pot;
- Work emotion KIWAMI CR2P Deep Concave, Bronze Aluminum Rim;
- Silver Repainted Disc (18" F:10/5J-7 R:12.0J-34 (ordered)
- Pirelli P-Zero Rosso, F:26/40R18 R:295/35R18;
- Britz Racing Radiator Hose Kit;
- Trust Circuit Spec Oil Cooler Kit;
- Laile Beatrush Under Panel;
- TRD Aero Stabilizing Fin (Carbon);
- Craftsquare Touring Competition Mirror;
- Varios Rear Diffuser;
- S-Craft Carbon Fender Duct;
- Garage Vary Carbon Duct;
- Saito Rollcafe 6pt +side+cross;
- 5 Zigen ProRacer Tower Bar Front/Rear Set;
- Recaro SP-G Seats;
- Momo Drifting Steering Wheel;
- Works Bell Rapfix2;
- IRP Sort Shifter;
- Side Brake Extension;
- Cusco Spin Turn Knob;
- Vland 86 Headlight + Lexus RX LED Inner (DIY);
- Intec Tail Lights, Carbon Smoke Lens;
- Indicator Metal Meter Panel Set;
- Deporacing Dual DIY Meter Hood; and
- Adzzest DMZ846BK Audio System.
The majority of my modifications have been undertaken by a professional service however, I did undertake many of the electronic customisations myself. Especially the DIY I undertook regarding the headlight from the Lexus RX, which is probably my best example. It is the only one in the world!!!! I have received numerous enquiries regarding the headlight. Check out my Instagram!
Work was undertaken by the following:-
Mechanic: Kazuhiro Fujimoto, c.s.POLSCHE, Yamanashi, Japan
Exterior: Akinori Arai, Body Work's Hyoukoya, Shizuoka, Japan
They're not cheap, but have confidence in what they do!
You can find their website in the useful link section below.
The Toyota GT86 is basically my first custom-built car. Yea, I know, I owned a Toyota Cardina and Mazda Atenza but never modified them! I did previously own a GT86 in the past, however, after installing a few modifications, the car went to scrap after a road traffic collision in just three months!
The very first car I owned was a Toyota Cardina.
I think all project car owners always have planned ahead or changes they want to make however, I am planning to install a new honeycomb-carbon hood, roof and trunk made by Marsh Composites. In the middle of all those plans, I am also planning to install new wheels and change the colour of the interior.
Groups/Clubs I follow:-
- LostRoyalty+: @lostroyalty or @lostroyaltyofficial
- nvrNdng: @nvrndngofficial
- 8BRew: I'm a leader of this team with 50 owners of custom BRZ/86 in Japan. No page
I do enter into competitions, I rather enjoy them. During these, I won numerous awards at the AF Festival and Legs Generation. I have plans to enter Clean Culture, Wekfest, Stancenation and many more. So don't forget to watch this space!
What is your dream car? The ultimate question of all times. I want to own a Maserati, the sound of owning one is very cool! On the other hand, I want to continue to customise sports cars!
Please feel free to use my photos on Instagram, don't forget to tag me!
Thank you all for reading my story,