2015 Bagged Acura TLX - Omar Stigler
To me, it really helps create a sense of family and friendships that last a long time. A common interest. Back in 1988, my father George brought home this beauty of a car. It was a 1988 Acura Legend. A full-sized luxury sedan that caught my eye in the most positive of ways.
These Photographs are supplied by the Photographer named, check their Link for Bookings.
More images are in the slider above, SLIDE LEFT>>>>>>>>>>>
2015 Bagged Acura TLX
Job: Quality Assurance Inspector
I really took off into the car scene back when I saw the first Fast and the Furious movie back in 2001. Like most car guys, I was hooked on the beauty and power of the cars. But most of all, its ability to bring people together in a positive way.
To me, it really helps create a sense of family and friendships that last a long time. A common interest. Back in 1988, my father George brought home this beauty of a car. It was a 1988 Acura Legend. A full-sized luxury sedan that caught my eye in the most positive of ways. It really set me on the path of loving and appreciating cars. Especially the Acura brand. The ride was smooth and comfortable and as a kid, it really made the rides in the back seat enjoyable. In 2004, I was in St. Louis for a training seminar, and I saw my first Rsx. Ever since then, I fell in love with that car. I bought my 2005 Rsx Type S stock back in 2009 and I couldn't have been happier. The ideas were endless for me on how to build the car up how I wanted it. There was only one choice for me on where to take my car to get built.
My friendly neighbourhood shop is Revline Motors of Kansas City. I met these guys by coincidence. They wanted to buy a car from me that I had, which was a 1994 Acura Integra, but I sold it. Can you see a trend here? So I also needed tires and they told me they were a shop that sells tires and the rest is history. This is how I was introduced to Revline. I've had the car for over 13 years now and it has gone through several phases. From being supercharged with a Jackson Racing supercharger to becoming a fully built turbo car from Full-Race on.
I'm a guy that always changes his mind about things and I'm always looking to make things better. So, I tried supercharged for a while. I had it set to 9 psi of boost pushing 280hp. Had fun with it then decided I wanted more power and went with a Borg Warner Twin Scroll T4 turbo. But I wanted to be sure it was done right and safely to ensure longevity. So I thank Jeff & Choung Nguyen, Jesus Sanchez from Revline and Chad Carlton from Modified by KC for getting my car where it is today.
Also, like to thank my guys Erick Gonzalez and Raul Ortiz for the paint and bodywork, and lastly, I want to thank Shanket Bhikha for all my tune troubleshooting and photography work. I've previously owned other cars like the Honda Prelude, Acura Legend, Ford Probe and Acura Integra. Nothing major on those cars. Mostly just stock with minor upgrades such as intakes and exhaust. But the Rsx Type S has been my most modified car to date. There have been several things that have inspired me to build my car. I've admired other rsx owners over the years that have inspired me to build my own clean ride. Also, I have been inspired by some of the nice vehicles I've seen throughout the years at local and national car shows.
Enter 2021. Driving and enjoying my RSX Type S for several years and getting up there in age, I decided I needed a car that was a little on the mellow side. A cruiser. A comfortable luxury car that reminded me of the days of yore and my time in the Acura Legend. Being a loyal customer of the Acura brand, I decided to pay a visit to my local Acura dealer. After several hours of looking for the perfect choice for me, I landed on the 2015 Acura TLX. Another full-sized sedan with all the bells and whistles that I was looking for. 2014 was my first experience with this smooth ride when I took it on a test drive. I really liked the handling and the performance of the V6 TLX.
Not too crazy on power, but just enough to have a good time and a comfortable ride. I told myself that this car would just be a daily driver. A go to the store or take a trip or two kinds of car. But knowing myself, that notion didn't last long at all. The modifications on the TLX are not as heavy as my RSX Type S but do give it an overall different look and stance. The stock car color was a nice crystal black pearl. I love black cars. But as most car enthusiasts know, it's hard to keep clean. So decided to wrap the car in a new color.
A color that is rarely seen in the states. It's called Desert Sandstorm. I was worried that the color was too unique and might not work on this type of car. But I stayed the course, and the end results were amazing. It gave a luxurious and elegant look that makes the TLX stand out from the standard color choices. I also wasn't satisfied with the car’s stance. Like some car guys say, riding low is better. So, I inquired about a suspension kit and ended up going with Airlift Performance bags and a 3P management system. Life on air has been good to me. I wanted a luxury look on the interior. So, I re-did it with a VIP look from Junction Produce.
Diamond stitched seats and door panels from Endless Rpm. And to top it all off, I added a black suede headliner lit up with a led Starlight kit. A nice touch to set the mood. I added a splitter kit from a Canadian company called Artwork Bodyshop that gave the TLX a more aggressive look. I have to say owning these two cars definitely is the best of both worlds. If I'm in the mood for cruising, I'm covered with the TLX. If I'm feeling the need for speed, the turbo RSX Type S is not too far away. Car life for me in the Kansas City area has been a blessing for me.
There are lots of shows and events to attend and just local meets to hang out at. Shows such as the KC Showdown car show, run by fellow car enthusiasts Denny Eddy, Stacy Stowers and Jenny Eddy bring a family-friendly environment to the area and really represent a great car culture in the car community. Cars have truly brought me closer to a lot of people. People that I still call my friends today.
If you enjoyed this car story why not read this ONE HERE
- 290hp/ 267tq
- 3.5L V6
- AEM Short Ram Intake
- Maine Coast Customs carbon hydro dipped valve cover
What do you think?
Please leave your comments in the comments section at the bottom of the page
- 9-speed push buttons automatic
- Dynamic drive modes
- KMPF Desert Sandstorm wrapped by Kc Stance Shop
- Artwork Bodyshop splitter and diffuser kit
- Endless Rpm rear window Carbon Fiber visor
- Junction Produce VIP accessories
- Endless Rpm Diamond Stich leather seats and door panel inserts
- Rolls Royce Starlight kit
- Excellence Upholstery black suede headliner
- Carbon fiber center console
- TTD Craft Carbon Fiber steering wheel
- Airlift Performance 3p kit
- 20x9 VIP Modular
- 245/30/20 Falken Azenis FK510
- Project Kics Neo Chrome Lugs
- LED Glow under glow kit
- Revline Motors: @revlinekc
- Modified by KC: @mkc_performance
- Kc Stance Shop: @kcstanceshop
- Excellence Upholstery: @excellence_upholstery
- Envious Vinyl: @enviousvinyl
Looking for a new club? Have a look at the ones featured on our site HERE
Car Club: Unnaturally Inspired
- Rsx Type S Awards:
- Revline X Finesse best of show and best-forced induction winner 2013
- Acurazine Car show 3rd place best of show
- Unnaturally Aspirated charity car show 3rd place best if show winner
- Japanese’s City Nights car meet 1st place best build winner
- KC Showdown top 50 winner
- Christmas in July car show 1st place best import
- 2014 Annual Block Party 1st place best Foreign Car
- 2018 Realistic Impressions CC Marker Faire 1st place best Foreign Car
- 2018 Import Face-Off Best Acura and Best Engine Bay
- 2019 Import Face-Off 2nd Place Best Acura
- 2019 Hot Import Nights Hottest Acura Award
- 2022 Kc Showdown Sponsor's Choice Award
Acura TLX Awards:
- 2022 Olathe Culture Fest Car Show 1st place Best Import
- 2022 Streetcar Takeover Top 50 Award
- 2022 Eagles Nest/ Auxiliary Unit 213 1st place Best Euro Style Award
- 2021 Tiblow Days Car Show Best Import Award
- 2022 KC Showdown 2nd place Best Import Custom Award
- 2022 Cinco De Mayo Car Show 1st Place Best Import Award
- 2022 62nd Annual World of Wheels 1st place Best Euro Style Custom Award
- 2021 Kc Showdown Sponsor's Choice Award
- 2021 Kc Showdown 1st place Best Import Award
- 2021 Kc Showdown Imports Vs Domestics Best Vip Award
Please leave your comments in the comments section at the bottom of the page
'The future is bright as long as we can still Smell the Fumes'
Stay Up to Date Check Out Our Google News and give us a Follow
All of our Magazines can be found on Amazon, they Print and Deliver worldwide, Stance Auto can not be held responsible for the final print, and all complaints and returns must be directed to Amazon.
UKTM no: UK00003572459