Mat - Vauxhall Astra 1.9SRI
The Vauxhall Astra was not my first car, in fact, my first car was a Corsa B that my nan gave me after I passed my test and yes, I do still own the Cosa B and it is back on the road as my daily.
Remember to check out our other sections in the CAR SCENE
More images in the slider above
Mat, aged 27 and I live in Sheffield.
At the current time, I am not doing stuff to the car, I work full time for the CO.OP as a team leader whilst also being a professional boxer and a dad to three beautiful kids! I would say I probably got into the car scene when I was 14 and collected 'Max Power' magazines and watching 'the Fast and the Furious' movies haha!
The Vauxhall Astra was not my first car, in fact, my first car was a Corsa B that my nan gave me after I passed my test and yes, I do still own the Cosa B and it is back on the road as my daily. So let's get onto the stuff you really want to know about my Astra! Here is my MK5 Vauxhall Astra 1.9sri also known to everyone as 'Tigger'.
I purchased the Astra completely standard 4 and a half years ago with absolutely no intentions on keeping it as it was mainly a family car to get around, however, I really started loving it so I started doing bits to is such as, changing the wheel colour, lowering it and window tints then decided I really wanted to make it unique, different and stand out from the crowd. From this, I got my partner to start drawing the car and doing things on it like bumper colours etc. I can't draw so the choice of the Orange came from that and let's be honest, how many Orange Astras do you actually see?
So the story began there with the Orange Astra, it is now my second year doing shows! My close mate’s Ant and Emily, who we tend to do all the car shows together told me to bring a Teddy to stick in the engine bay so the only teddy I had was my daughters Tigger! Tigger would be present at every show and everyone who would see him would say 'Look it's Tigger the Astra' and that's where it all began properly.
Full spec list:
- One of a kind orange paint
- Vxr bumper
- The lower bumper is the Kuro carbon with the cm composite splitter
- XP rear bumper with custom defuser
- Just finished having a custom rear lower cm composite splitter made
- Side skirts extensions also just being fitted
- We have the 12mm, bonnet raisers, in with the bonnet vents
- Vxr Ricardo full leather seats
- Full dash smd conversion
- Three gauge set up oil boost and volts
- Carbon dipped steering wheel plastics
- Black and orange dash
- Pioneer app radio 3
- 1.9sri engine
- Hybrid 1756 turbo running 2bar boost
- Custom intercooler and pipework
- 80mm MAF
- Air filter
- EGR delete and blanked
- Dpf delete
- Swirl flaps welded
- Custom painted engine cover
- 2.5 downpipe into 2.5 straight through into cobra duel exit
- Running 225bhp
- 350ft toque
- B1 bola in shadow chrome
- V2 air ride customised to slam properly
- With boot build but currently being redone to show standards
- Bi-Xenon duel projects light output high and low beam
- Colour chasing halos in both lights plus fogs plus engine bay and intercooler
- Audi style indicates /Drl strips too
- Fully one of a kind custom build rear style likes 1/1 made just for my Astra with blue ghotz systems standard drive mode n show mode witch is insane btw both lights are fully program-controlled from my phone
- All made by monkey wrench bespoke
All bodywork is looked after by my sponsorship with 4k detaining providing me with the good to protect the paint wheels etc.
All paint is covered by my sponsorship with js customs in Leeds helping me keep Tigger in top-notch condition for the shows.
We are still building the car
The list to still goes on as follows:
- Audio build /Custom build
- New alloys
- New headlight builds with bigger spec
- New seats
- Harness bar
- And possibly an engine conversion to the z20 let providing I don’t choose to go bigger derv power
Club wise I am in quite a few of them, the main one which I spend the majority of my time with is 'Vauxhall Modified', Griffin Gang and a few others too.
The shows I tend to hit every year are:
- Fast show
- Vauxhall show
- Mods nats
- And Trax
But of course, I wanna hit more of them hopefully next season I can get to twice as many!
If I was able to own any other car it would have to be the R24 GTR 2.5 Twin Turbo, I have always loved this car from a young age.
Thank you for reading my article and don't forget to follow my build on Instagram.
If you would like your Car and Story or Your Business Featured like this, Please
Our site contains links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, practices and/or content of these web sites. Their use is at your own risk.