Niklas Frisk - Audi 100 Coupe S/GT 1972
My dream car is the next car I'm building. It’s called overkill, it’s going to be a custom car, Audi 100 Coupe s 1975 with rear wheel drive V8 Ls 6 Supercharged. It's in the Body shop as we speak.
To Buy Our Printed Magazine Check out AMAZON and our MERCH STORE
More images in the slider above
This Car is in the Januarys Edition Printed Magazine
Niklas Frisk, I’m from Sweden, I live on a small Island called Alnö.
I currently work for an American company - Indian Motorcycle. My position is a marketing Manager for Scandinavia. I own a lot of cars however, my daily driver is a Mercedes E250 CDI 4 Matic, I actually drove a Chevrolet Tahoe before but this car came over me and I had to buy it, it’s really a good car.
What got me into the car scene? Good question. I have always been in the motor scene since I was a kid. I love engines, cars, bikes and Snowmobiles, everything that runs on petrol but, building custom cars came a little later in my life, I study as a car mechanic In school and repairing cars have been a big part of my life! Indeed, I grew up in a family which involved petrol heads. My dad loved cars and there were always nice cars around our home.
What makes my car unique and stand out from the crowd? That is a good question. I guess for me the inspiration was the fact that Audi never provided a special version of this model. As a customer you could not get an upgrade as for example Shelby provided for Ford models, so I always thought about that as an idea for my build. If you walked into an Audi dealer in 1972 and said you wanted that special Coupe S GT package and you had to pay to get some extras and got what you wanted, I think perhaps the GT package idea is something that makes this car special.
There are so many things that have been done to this car, there are around 150 GT package options, so it would be a long article if I were to write about all the things to avoid but, that's part of the game when you are restoring and customizing cars! Try to solve things along the way. It is always fun to try to resolve things as they come, but yes there has been a lot.
The Audi is not an import, in fact, it sold in Sweden in 1972! I would absolutely recommend buying this car, it's a collector’s model, I bought it 30 years ago, and it was really hard to find a good example back then, From stock, it was pulling 115hp however, now it is pulling a healthy 145hp
Full Spec List:-
- Total restoring and Modification of the body
- Everything that is recycled from the standard car is powder-coated
- All chrome details of the body are new chromed
- Widebody in metal
- Front and rear fenders are custom made, but the Fender are original from Golf Mk1
- The lower part of the car in the rear is also broadened to get that feeling that the car is wider
- The gas inlet is moved to c column, the inlet is from a Victory Motorcycle gas tank
- The axle rear of the car is from Golf mk3, and the hub from golf 3 in the front is also adapted to fit.
- The air suspension is specially made from Airrex, with a digital controller
- Brakes are Golf MK3 big brake 4 callipers
- 330 floating disks, front and rear
- Wheels are Dotz SP5 Dark 18" Michelin Pilot tires
- The interior is custom made, the seats are original but they are rebuilt to be more racing feel, Brushed Leather and polished leather with white seams
- The gauges are changed but have the same locations, Specially made from Speed hut USA with GPS speedometer classic style with Audi GT logos
- All interior material that had wood replica as original, have now home hand-brushed aluminium
- Steering is also homemade Electric power steering with adjustable resistance
- The engine is original but tuned to the max
- Drilled to 2 litres, special made Camshaft, tuned cylinder head, Intake in Stainless steel, Dual Weber 45 DCOE
- 123 Ignition programmable
- Special made cylinder head cover in aluminium
- Aiden extractor outlet manifold
- The exhaust is Swedish Ferrita special made stainless steel from extractor to outlet.
- Paint / Aston Martin /Casino Royal
- Sound, Hidden audio system, Excursion, special made base box under the rear seat, kick panels specially made for front sound.
- Made by Racer Putte in Sweden.
It terms of the work undertaken to the car, it has been a combination of myself and professionals doing work. In order to build a car like this, it’s really nice to have good people and partners around you. The wide-body and the sheet metal restoration is made in Sweden by Dan Johansson in Degerfors for example.
Some of the professionals involved with the work undertaken:
- Metal Master, Dan Johansson , Degerfors
- Interior, Leather work, Hanngrens Sadel makeri , Sundsvall ,Sweden
- AVD Sundsvall-Car Audio
- Polish with Angelwax products
This Audi was my first car and I absolutely love it.
I have been on a couple of shows and its really fun to meet people and hear what they think of the car.
I have got some prizes, those are really fun to win.
Custom Motor show 2017 Sweden
1: Jurys choice
2: Best interior
Finland Extreme Car Show 2017
1: Top ten award
Oslo motor-show 2017
1: jury's choice
Finalist: Build of the year 2017
Scandinavia's biggest car Magazine
Finest Sportscar: Motorrevvyn 2019
TOP Award: Sundsvall Motorshow 2019
TOP Award: Street Meet 2019
European Tuning Championship May 2018
1: 11th of 60 cars from EU selected from 3000 Cars
My dream car is the next car I'm building. It’s called overkill, it’s going to be a custom car, Audi 100 Coupe s 1975 with rear-wheel drive V8 Ls 6 Supercharged. It's in the Body shop as we speak.
Thank you for your time reading my article. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram.
All the Cars in the Online Version of our Magazine will eventually appear in our Fully Printed Magazine, the cars with the most Views, appear sooner, the Magazine is sold the world over through Amazon, making it easier and faster for people around the world to get their copy. UK and Ireland use our store stanceautomag.com
If you would like your Car and Story or Your Business Featured like this, Please
Email: Admin, they would love to hear from you.
Our site contains links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, practices and/or content of these web sites. Their use is at your own risk.